Thursday, March 28, 2013

At the Highland Park Library

These are some sketches from my sketchbook. All these are real people that were in front of me. I think keeping a blog is great because it lets you chart your progress and figure out your strengths and weaknesses. Clearly my lines are more confident in pencil (no surprise here) even though its a non erasable color pencil. I need to work on getting more comfortable with pen. Also, as much as I'd like to take down some of the older weaker stuff it helps me figure out what I need to work on.




2 comments:

  1. Page 3 and Page 10 are my favorites. good designs on the girl with the sling pouch. I like the treatment of the hair and how all the lines cascade down from her head to feet.

    And as for the man reading the paper, even though he's "just sitting down" there's a lot of action in those lines. His pose, and the layout of shapes really draws me into whatever he's reading.

    Is this from/for the figure invention class?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yeah it's from figure invention, although most of the assignments are more specific. It teaches you how to invent figures clearly. I think I mightve misinterpreted the assignment slightly in that I thought it was about character design. The class really isn't about character design. Its more like how to pick the right expression/pose/camera angle to say what you're trying to get across.

    ReplyDelete