Saturday, February 15, 2014

Jack Character Expression Sheet

First entry back in LA! Whew! Let me just say that it's great to be back. I'm still getting set up though, so I'll be taking photos for now until I can get my scanner up and running.

Studying human expressions. Depicting human emotion has always been a fascination of mine. The face and the eyes have so many complex surrounding muscles that a sometimes a single line can completely change what the character is thinking or feeling. This sort of thing is so much fun for me, but its going to take a while for me to do such a thing and stay on model and have folks know exactly what I'm trying to convey by simply looking at my drawing.




2 comments:

  1. these are pretty great Stef. I can tell what you're trying to depict before I read the caption of each. Keep 'em coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks! Will do, I def need more practice with this!

    ReplyDelete