Monday, December 22, 2014

More Dev Sketches

So I've been writing an animated crime drama. Think gritty, warner direct to video stuff...Below are some images from my story, which is still in the writing phase in final draft. Its coming along though, and each new draft seems to get bolder and clearer. I'm happy that its starting to take shape, and I think that 2014 is the closest I've ever come to making something like this. I know that sounds super vague but since I'm relatively new to writing, I am taking my time and making sure the story is as tight as possible before I board it out. Or in this case, the format will be a black and white comic.
 I've also been doing a ton of research on crime dramas and thrillers. Last night I watched Collateral, and I also recently saw a film called Nightcrawler which had a huge impact on me. It was sort of like Collateral meets Taxi Driver. Anyway all of these films are being used as inspiration for the story I'm looking to tell. If you have a favorite gritty crime drama or thriller , please share!











2 comments: