Monday, March 23, 2015

Automotive Technology

So I'm taking an Automotive Repair class at night on Mondays and Wednesdays at Monrovia Adult Ed. The reason for taking this class is twofold. A) I've always been fascinated by cars and wanted to be mechanically inclined. B) To conduct valuable research for the story I am writing, which takes place in the world of gearheads, grease monkeys, daredevils, street racers and chop shops. All of this stuff will inform my writing and lend it a degree of authenticity that I never would have achieved by simply reading books or researching stuff on the internet alone. So far the class has been fascinating. First is a picture of Moe's car. He is the resident welder and custom parts fabricator. Next is another guys beamer up on the lift. Finally, below is a picture of the crew working on a 2004 Dodge stratus which Mr.M (our instructor) described as a "project vehicle."

I guess if there was a 3rd reason for taking the class it would be that I'm tired of getting ripped off on repairs, and having these skills will help set me free from expensive repair bills. So YEAH!!! Wish me luck!







1 comment: