Saturday, October 25, 2014

RU 486 ANIMATIC



I once had a very good friend and colleague who I respect very much tell me "Never do drama in animation." He was referring to a beautifully rendered out and poignant project they had been working on for many months that was completely conceptualized, and then suddenly canned in the development phase. I think what my friend was getting at, is that Animation is never taken seriously in this country.

So what did I do?

I sold all of my worldly possessions, moved to LA, and tried to do drama in Animation...You might be thinking, I don't get it Stef, where's the punch line here? There is no punch line. I'm actually that foolish. Here is my first RAGGED attempt at an animatic. At least now I have proof that I can do video and editing, and not just drawings...

2 comments:

  1. OMG this is great! You have a GREAT sense of storytelling and emotion, coupled with the humour. I laughed when the doctor came in. I totally put on my headphones, though, expecting voices and hospital noises, etc!
    Yes, be foolish. Foolish people change the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh you are so right! It needs sound! Thank you for the kinds words!! it means a lot!

    ReplyDelete